For fifty years, this blending of the German Oktoberfest with Americanized style has been a happy one. Parades, pageantry, royalty, brew, bratwurst, and world famous entertainment has made La Crosse's very own Oktoberfest one of the finest in the nation.
“Oktoberfest, U.S.A., through a network of volunteers, preserves, promotes, represents, and celebrates the values of our diverse heritage regionally and internationally.”
More than just a festival...
Over the years, with YOUR participation, Oktoberfest has supported 100's of organizations, clubs, and volunteer groups. By donating over $75,000, Oktoberfest supported the following groups in 2011:
|THANK YOU COULEE REGION!
||La Crosse Irishfest
|Amanda's Dance Academy
||La Crosse Lions Club
|American Legion Ladies Auxiliary of La Crescent
||La Crosse Three Rivers Pow Wow Committee
|American Legion Post #52
||La Crosse Wrestling Club
|American Marketing Association
||Lakeview Health Center
|American Red Cross Scenic Bluffs Chapter
||Logan "Class Act" Parents Association
|Aquinas Parents Association
||Logan High School Show Choir Parent Organization
|Bantry International Friendship Association
||Mary Mother of the Church
|Blue Stars Drum & Bugle Corps
||Mt. La Crosse Ski Patrol
|Boy Scout Troop 100
||Mormon Coulee Lions
|Caledonia Lions Club
||North American Versatile Hunting Dog Association
|Causeway Interfaith Volunteer Caregivers
||North La Crosse Lions
|Central High School Debate Team
||North Presbyterian Church
|Central High School - SADD Chapter
||Oktoberfest Grenadier Corps
|Central High School Show Choir
||Onalaksa High School Pan Project
||Onalaska High School Show Choir
|Children's Museum of La Crosse
||Onalaska Hockey Booster Club
|Chileda Women's Board
||Onalaska Scouting Parents
|Click'n & Grin'n Cloggers
||Our Saviors Lutheran Church
||PIE - Partners in Enpowerment
|Coulee Catholic Schools
|Coulee Region Officials
||River City Running Club
|Coulee Region R.S.V.P.
||River City Water Ski Club
|Courtesy Corporation/Mc Donald's
||River City Youth Hockey
|Downtown Mainstreet, Inc.
|Eagle's Club Auxiliary
|The Fat Daddies
||St. Elias Orthodox Church
|German International Relations Committee
||St. Pat's of Onalaska
|Grumpy Old Men
||St. Thomas More Church
|Happy Twirler's Square Dancers
||Shelby Youth Baseball
|Holy Trinity Men's Club
||State Road Elementary PTO
|Holy Trinity St. Ann Society
||Student Leadership Team
||UW-L Alumni Association
||UW-L Concert Choir and Vocal Jazz Ensemble
||UW-L Delta Sigma Pi
|Knights of Columbus
||UW-L Gamma Sigma Sigma Society
|La Crosse Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
|La Crosse Citizen Advocacy
|La Crosse Community Theatre
|La Crosse County Tavern League
|La Crosse County Historical Society
|La Crosse Dubna Friendship Association
||Zion Evangelical Church-Brownsville
|La Crosse Family YMCA / The Y
Our Family Makes Magic...
Since the beginning, Oktoberfest has been more than just another festival to those involved. Our"Founding Fathers" were all active members in the La Crosse and surrounding communities and successful business owners. Oktoberfest marked the perfect combination of celebrating German heritage and giving back to the La Crosse coulee region.
Our Oktoberfest would never be the successful festival it is today without the efforts of our Royal Family, Trustees, Mrs. Oktoberfests, Miss La Crosse/Oktoberfests, Parade Marshals, Grenadier Corps, Board of Directors, Klub Members, Sponsors, and volunteers. And as the years have gone by, it would seem those involved in Oktoberfest can't help themselves but be involved in something!
Here are just a FEW examples of the great folks working with Oktoberfest:
- Mike Hengelsberg (Active Grenadier) played music for mass at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe on Sunday, November 7, at 1:00PM.
- Melissa Graff (Active Grenadier) performed as "The Trespasser" in the Second Annual Debtor and Trespasser Piano Duo Extravaganza at 7:30 p.m., Thursday, November 11, 2010 at First Presbyterian Church in La Crosse. Admission to the concert was a nonperishable food item or a freewill monetary donation. All donations were split between the Holmen Lutheran Food Pantry and WAFER.
- Dave Clements (2007 Maple Leaf Parade Marshal) donates his time to aid in the Mobile Meals program through his Downtown Rotary Club. They partner with Bethany On Cass to bring hundreds of meals to those less fortunate every year.
- Raeanna Johnson (2009 Miss La Crosse/Oktoberfest), in conjunction with the Miss America Organization, has teamed up with Children's Miracle Network, a non-profit organization dedicated to saving and improving the lives of children by raising funds for children's hospitals. This new partnership gives each contestant the opportunity to raise awareness and funds for two great organizations - Miss America Organization and Children's Miracle Network.
- Many Members of our Fest Family (Festmasters/Fraus, Mrs. Oktoberfests, Grenadier Corps, Parade Marshals, and Board Members) took part in bell ringing for the Salvation Army at various locations in the month of December.