La Crosse Festivals, Inc. is conducting a button design contest for the 54th annual Oktoberfest celebration.
Contest rules: (view rules as PDF file)
- Entrants should include their name and contact information (phone number and email address) with their design.
- Design is to be submitted as a 6 inch circle. Please note selected design will be used in various media and in various sizes from 2” to 6’ in diameter.
- Design must include these elements:
- Oktoberfest Banner (download JPEG)
- Dates of 2014 Oktoberfest: September 25 – 28, 2014
- 2014 Festival theme: Munich on the Mississippi
- A maple leaf (or leaves)
- The design must be done in a minimum of 2 colors using colored crayons, colored pencils, oil paints, etc.
- The design may be created on a computer.
- Use of clipart is prohibited.
- All artistic design elements must be the original work of the submitter.
- There is no limit to the number of designs an individual may submit.
- Deadline for submission is 4 p.m. on Thursday, January 16, 2014. Please submit to:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal mail: La Crosse Festivals, Inc. P.O. Box 1716 La Crosse, WI 54602-1716
- Hand delivery: Oktoberfest office, 2nd and La Crosse Streets, La Crosse, WI
Office hours: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- All entries will become the property of La Crosse Festivals, Inc.
- La Crosse Festivals, Inc. reserves the right to make any adaptations in color(s) or design(s) for printing and promotional purposes.
- The selection decision of the Board of Directors of La Crosse Festivals, Inc. will be final.
- The winner will be notified following the design selection, and will receive a $100 cash prize and two complimentary tickets to the 2014 Festmaster Ball.
Questions should be directed to the Oktoberfest office at 608-784-3378 or email@example.com.