Oktoberfest Photography Contest
The 50th Annual Oktoberfest Photography Contest
The annual Oktoberfest Photography Contest is an opportunity for you to show your favorite photographic creations.
Please note: All entries, both print and digital, must be registered online before submission. Print entries left at the drop-off location that are not registered digitally will not be judged.
The contest is open to everyone including students, enthusiasts, and professionals. Entry categories are:
Student (Ages under 18)
• Color Prints – Limit of two (2) per person
• Black & White Prints – Limit of two (2) per person
Adult (Ages 18+)
Color Prints – Limit of two (2) per person
Black & White Prints – Limit of two (2) per person
Open Categories (All Ages)
Digital Images – Limit of two (2) per person
Oktoberfest – Limit of four (4) per person
Smart Device – Limit of two (2) entries per person.
Drop-off and Pick-up Information
- Print entries must be hand-delivered by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 20, 2019, at the La Crosse Festivals Office (Southside Oktoberfest Grounds, corner of 2nd and
La Crosse Street). All print entries must register online, using the entry form below.
- The deadline for digital submissions is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, September 20, 2019.
- Entries may be picked up at the La Crosse Public Library from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 29, 2019. This is the preferred method.
- Entries must be picked up from the drop off location between October 14, 2019, and October 25, 2019. Any photos not picked up by October 25, 2019, will be discarded.
Most photos will be on display at the La Crosse Public Library on the following schedule:
- Friday, September 27, 2019 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 28, 2019 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m
- Sunday, September 29, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Photo pickup from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. This is the preferred pick up time).
- Entries will be judged on originality, universal interest, and photographic excellence. The judges’ decisions will be final. Download the complete rules and categories.