The Festmaster heads the Oktoberfest Royal Family and is chosen annually by the Board of Trustees. The Board of Trustees, consisting of the present and all past Festmasters, elects a chairman from its members. The Board of Trustees Chairman, along with the past year’s Festmaster, mentors the new Festmaster, bringing him up to speed on his duties, expectations, and appearances.
The selection of the Festmaster is one of the oldest and most cherished Fest traditions. The selection process and naming of the new Festmaster is very secret and the mystery only adds to the fun!
The Festmaster’s Ball is where our new Festmaster & Frau for the year is announced and is held every year on the opening Friday of Fest.
Nominations for the 2017 Festmaster are now being accepted!
La Crosse Festivals Inc. (d/b/a Oktoberfest USA) accepts nominations for Festmaster near the end of the calendar year. If you know a man who is deserving, involved, and would be a great fit in our community-focused organization, submit your nomination (requirements below)!
Nominations will be accepted for a man who is …
- age 50 or older,
- a resident for at least 10 years within 20 mile radius of La Crosse,
- actively involved and well-known in La Crosse community, and
- has the time to devote to Oktoberfest activities!
The following information is required to complete the nomination:
- Name of the nominee
- Nominee’s address & contact information
- Nominee’s biographical information – this would include such information as occupation, community or volunteer service, church involvement, professional activities, community or professional awards
- Nominator’s name and personal comments as to why they have submitted nominee’s name
All nominations must be submitted to the Oktoberfest office
Oktoberfest Board of Trustees
La Crosse Festivals / Oktoberfest
P.O. Box 1716
La Crosse, WI 54602-1716
The final selection is made by the Board of Trustees. New Festmasters are announced at the Festmaster’s Ball celebration.