Each year Oktoberfest conducts a design contest for the button that symbolizes festivities for the coming year and celebration. The La Crosse Festivals, Inc. Board of Directors selects a winner from the button designs submitted – some years as many as 60. The contest is based on best graphic representation of the theme and Oktoberfest in general.
2019 Theme: Fest with Das Beste
2019 Oktoberfest USA Commemorative Button
Buttons of Oktoberfest Past
2020 Oktoberfest Button Design Contest & Rules
La Crosse Festivals, Inc. is conducting a button design contest for the 60th annual Oktoberfest celebration which will take place September 24 to September 27, 2020.
Contest information and rules:
· Entrants must include their name and contact information (phone number and/or email address) with their design.
· Design is to be submitted as a 6 inch circle. However, designers should be mindful that the selected artwork will be used in various media and in various sizes (from two inches to six feet in diameter).
· The design must include these elements:
· Oktoberfest USA Red Logo Banner with Blue “Das Beste!” (available from Oktoberfest web site)
· Dates of 2020 Oktoberfest celebration: September 24 – September 27, 2020
· Text of the 2020 Festival theme: “Cheers to 60 Years!”
· The text “La Crosse, Wisconsin”
· A maple leaf (or leaves)
· The design must be done in a minimum of 2 colors.
· Media/tools are at the discretion of the designer: colored crayons, colored pencils, oil paints, computer applications, etc.
· All artistic design elements must be the original work of the submitter. Use of clipart is prohibited. It is the responsibility of the designer that all elements do not conflict with any existing copyrighted works.
· Designers may submit more than one design.
· Deadline for submission is 4 p.m. on Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Please submit entries by one of the following two methods:
· Email: [email protected] (indicate “Button Design Entry” in the subject line)
· Postal mail: La Crosse Festivals, Inc. P.O. Box 1716 La Crosse, WI 54602-1716
· All entries received become the property of La Crosse Festivals, Inc.
· The selection decision of the Board of Directors of La Crosse Festivals, Inc. will be final.
· La Crosse Festivals, Inc. reserves the right to make adaptations or adjustments to the selected design o meet various media and promotion needs.
· The winner will be notified following the design selection, and will receive a $100 cash prize, a 4” “signature” button indicating them as the winner, and participation in the unveiling ceremony / press even.
Questions should be directed to the Oktoberfest office at [email protected]