Each year Oktoberfest conducts a design contest for the button that symbolizes festivities for the coming year and celebration. The La Crosse Festivals, Inc. Board of Directors selects a winner from the button designs submitted – some years as many as 60. The contest is based on best graphic representation of the theme and Oktoberfest in general.
2019 Theme: Fest with Das Beste
Questions should be directed to the Oktoberfest office at 608-784-3378 or [email protected].
Buttons of Oktoberfest Past
Button Design Contest
Information and rules:
- Contest information and rules:
- Entrants must include their name and contact information (phone number and/or email address) with their design.
- Design is to be submitted as a 6 inch circle. However, designers should be mindful that the selected artwork will be used in various media and in various sizes (from two inches to six feet in diameter).
- The design must include these elements:
- The design must be done in a minimum of 2 colors.
- Media/tools are at the discretion of the designer: colored crayons, colored pencils, oil paints, computer applications, etc.
- All artistic design elements must be the original work of the submitter. Use of clipart is prohibited. It is the responsibility of the designer that all elements do not conflict with any existing copyrighted works.
- Designers may submit more than one design.
- Deadline for submission is 4 p.m. on February 14, 2019. Please submit entries to:
- Email: [email protected] (please indicate “Button Design Entry” in the subject line)
- Postal mail: La Crosse Festivals, Inc. P.O. Box 1716 La Crosse, WI 54602-1716
- Hand delivery: Oktoberfest office, 2nd and La Crosse Streets, La Crosse, WI Office hours are Monday and Wednesday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- All entries received become the property of La Crosse Festivals, Inc.
- The selection decision of the Board of Directors of La Crosse Festivals, Inc. will be final.
- La Crosse Festivals, Inc. reserves the right to make adaptations or adjustments to the selected design to meet various media and promotion needs.
- The winner will be notified following the design selection, and will receive a $100 cash prize, a 4” “signature” button indicating them as the winner, and two complimentary tickets to the March 14, 2019 Gemütlichkeit Foundation “Forks and Corks” event where the button will be unveiled to the public.